IOOS System Test - Theme 3 - Scenario H - Description
Exploring Environmental Changes Affecting Polar Bears, part 2: Sea Ice Distance from Shore
- Can we discover, access and map the sea ice edge using NSIDC passive microwave satellite data?
- Can we discover, access and map the US and Canada distribution of polar bears from the Arctic Marine Synthesis, or some other source?
- Can we discover, access and map the Beaufort Sea coastline of Alaska and Canada, where Polar Bears are known to reside?
- What is the minimum distance between the shoreline containing known polar bear distributions and the closest sea ice edge through time?
- Are certain sections of the coastline more susceptible to long distances from sea ice?